After reading up on how to achieve harmonious energy in one's bedroom I realized my set up was completely wrong. This as well as watching back to back episodes of 9 by design, gave me the itch to re-decorate and re-organize in order to achieve the perfect feng shui. While my room is rather large I wasn't sure exactly how much I could change but after rearranging my bed and desk, removing unnecessary clutter and hanging up certain images to promote positivity, I now love the peaceful and inviting environment that my room exudes. I am a firm believer in the importance of positive energy whether this be the people you surround yourself with or your daily environment.
Here are a few simple feng shui tips that you can try to incorporate in your own bedroom:
1. One should be able to enter your bed from either side.
2. You should be able to see the bed from the doorway, yet the bed should not be against the same wall as the entrance to the room.
3. Your closet should have free space / be organized.
4. Open windows and fresh air is a great way to promote a clean and refreshing environment.
5. Only positive images should be hanging in your room.
6. No television or computer (if you can avoid this). I can not, so I made sure to divide my bed from the desk.