As much as I love receiving gifts, I love spending time with my family and friends more. This Christmas I've decided to do activities with my loved ones instead of stressing over, and spending money on gifts they may not want. I encourage you to try and do the same!
It will truly put you in the holiday spirit!
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- I don't get to see my boyfriend that often so I asked for a "staycation" this year instead of a gift. All I really wanted was to spend time with him! We are going to stay in Santana Row and re-live some of the fun things we used to do in college; such as get hot tea/chocolate at my favorite tea place.
- Another boyfriend/husband idea (they can be so hard!): one year my boyfriend and I decided to pick something we both needed, sunglasses, and went shopping together. It was fun, and we both got to pick out what shades looked best on each other!
- My sister and I want to go ice skating together in Union Square. We will most likely make a whole Christmas evening out of it, complete with hot coco and a Christmas movie. (I may also do this with my roommate as well)!
- I love to get dressed up, so if you're looking for a fun idea to do with all of your girlfriends, plan a special night out. Pick a new restaurant or bar you have been wanting to try. Dress up and sip fancy cocktails! Or host a girls night at your house and make Christmasy hor d'oeuvres.
- My cousin and I want to make gingerbread houses together this year. We will buy lots of candy and go to town decorating, while watching a Christmas movie!
- Some college friends and I are hosting a couples Christmas dinner party. The girls will be cooking for the boys, complete with festive cocktails.
I hope you are inspired to come up with your own fun holiday activities!!